use FSC certified paper.
This three year project aims to facilitate certification of small private forests by developing tools for certification of forestry contractors.
The project will develop a concept for the certification of forest contractors and small forest operations in four countries in Europe. Awareness raising, training and promotion will follow at the national and European level.
2. Develop simplified forest management standards for smallholders and criteria for forestry contractors; including specific indicators that clarify responsibilities between forest owners and forestry contractors.
3. Facilitate forest management certification with the help of forestry contractors which fulfill all applicable certification requirements.
4. Conduct training and awareness raising workshops in four countries.
5. Present project results in an EU-wide training workshop with participation of key forestry contractors and private forest owner representatives.
6. Develop a certification toolkit for private forest owners, group managers and forest service enterprises.
7. 80 small to medium sized forest service enterprises will offer certified forest management services to smallholder; certification of 500’000 ha of private forest.
Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
The European Network of Forest Entrepreneurs (ENFE)