Shape the future of responsible forest management
Are you ready to help change how forests are cared for around the world? Through our governance model, FSC members have real influence.
But membership doesn’t just give you a seat at the decision-making table. It also allows you to become part of a vibrant international group of individuals and organizations.
It offers you the opportunity to build influential connections – whether face-to-face or through a range of social media – and strengthen your networks.
As an organization, we bring together, among others, private enterprises, NGOs, international organizations, indigenous groups, and educational institutions. All of whom share a common desire to improve the state of the world’s forests.
As we are at the cutting edge of responsible forest management worldwide, you will be kept up to date with the latest issues in certification and forestry, as well as have access to exclusive information about the global forest industry.
All FSC members are invited to attend the general assembly, the highest decision-making body at FSC. Held every three years, this is your forum for submitting and voting on the motions that fundamentally affect the way FSC is run. Here, you can also stand as, and vote for, candidates for the Board of Directors.
We automatically renew your FSC membership
Whoever you are, our balanced and democratic voting structure will ensure that your voice is heard.
Applying to become a member
Applying for membership is easy. Firstly, you will need to decide if you are applying as an individual or as an organization. Next, you will need to complete our online member application (if you would prefer to apply via post, please download our printable application form, which asks you the following information:
- your/your organization’s contact details and objectives/aims
- your choice of chamber – social, economic or environmental (Not sure which chamber you would belong to? Check the chamber criteria.)
- a description of how your activities support the FSC Principles and Criteria.
Once this is submitted, you’ll also need to upload some supporting documentation:
- a signed FSC-POL-01-004 self-declaration form
- two letters of support issued by FSC members (download the template). If you need to, browse the list of FSC members to find members in your country
- your organizational statutes or articles of incorporation
- your latest annual report
- publicly available financial information
- a list of your board of directors and their affiliations
- information on forest operations (when applicable)
- other information illustrating the aims of your organization (reports, history, brochures, and newsletters).
If you're a non-profit organization, please also include:
- evidence of your non-profit status
- information on funding.
If you intend to become a member of the economic chamber, you will also need to include:
- information on your commercial activities and relationships
- if applicable, information relating to the whole group of which your organization is a part, such as the parent company or branch.