The World Forests Summit, organised by The Economist, will gather leading experts from around the world to identify common ground and discuss mechanisms for forest stakeholders to work together differently.
Industry leaders, government ministers, scientists and activists will meet to agree the framework for future sustainable management of a precious global resource.
Our gala dinner keynote will be from Carlos Klink, Secretary for Climate Change and Environmental Quality, Ministry of Environment of Brazil.
Other notable speakers include:
• James Astill, Political Editor, The Economist (author of the special report on Forests)
• Eduardo Rojas-Briales, Assistant Director General, FAO
• Per Fredrik Ilsaas Pharo, Director, International Climate and Forest Initiative, Ministry of the Environment, Norway
• Karl Falkenberg, Director General, DG Environment, European Commission
• Kim Carstensen, Director General, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
• Paul Herbert, Chief Executive Officer, Ilim Group
• Jan Johansson, Chief Executive Officer and President, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget
Special rates for FSC members
FSC members can receive a special 20% discount when registering. For further information, visit: www.economistconferences.com/forests quoting code FSC/DC when registering.