The latest news and views from FSC, plus related forestry industry updates
FSC Seeks Experts to Incorporate ILO Criteria and Indicators into Chain-of-Custody Standards
Tuesday, 9 October 2018
We are seeking candidates for a technical working group and consultative forum. The deadline for applications is 30 October 2018.
Positions are open to all affected stakeholders to develop requirements for FSC-accredited certification bodies auditing for conformity with ILO Core Conventions criteria and indicators, to assess their impact on certificate holders, and to recommend how to implement them into chain of custody (CoC) certification. We strongly encourage certificate holders with CoC certification or project certification, certification bodies, consultants, researchers, individuals with labor union experience, and FSC members to apply.
The ideal applicant should demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following topics: ILO Core Conventions, social and labour issues in the supply chain, CoC certification, or auditing.
- Able to think outside the box to resolve issues and create solutions.
- Able to analyze, discuss, and negotiate the technical requirements of the document.
- Able to build consensus to work with competing interests to build consensus.
- Able to speak and write in English.
- A firm commitment to attend all scheduled online and in-person meetings, including during 11-12 December 2018; 16-18 July 2019 and 10-12 December 2019. All in-person meetings are expected to take place in Bonn but may change depending on the composition of the working group. All travel costs associated with the project will be covered.
Applicants who are not selected to join the technical working group are still invited to contribute to this project by joining the consultative forum. For more details, please read the terms of reference. For more information about this process and additional resources, please access the page about this project. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact Evelin Fagundes dos Santos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BACK TO OVERVIEW
Keeping up with all the latest information about forest management and certification can be difficult. That’s why we collect it for you in our newsroom. The newsroom is where you’ll find news from FSC, as well as information about developments in the wider forestry industry. It’s also home to The Root of the Matter, the monthly blog from FSC Director General Kim Carstensen.