Thursday, 05 December 2013
Save the date – World Forests Summit 2014
Unlocking the true potential of forests – How can forests be managed financially but also sustainably?
20 March 2014
Grand Hôtel, Stockholm
Forests cover 30% of the planet’s total area and play a crucial role in the world’s environment, health and economy – yet they are increasingly under threat. Forest and tree ownership is changing with private ownership on the rise.
The Economist Events’ World Forests Summit takes place on March 20th 2014 at the Grand Hôtel, Stockholm. The event will encourage open and frank discussions with all stakeholders on the true economics and future of forests.
Key stakeholders will include chief executive officers, policymakers, industry leaders, scientists, innovators, conservationists, change agents, activists and ind influential commentators from forestry and related industries.
High-level speakers confirmed to attend include:
• Event chair: James Astill, Political Editor, The Economist
• Event co-chair: Dominic Ziegler, Asia Editor, The Economist
• Janez Potocnik, Commissioner for the Environment, European Commission
• Tony Simons, Director-general, World Agroforestry Centre
• Mario Boccucci, Head of Secretariat, Un-Redd Programmme
• Elizabeth de Carvalhes, President, Brazilian Pulp and Paper Association
• Yusof Basiron, Chief Executive Officer, Malaysian Palm Oil Council
• Rajendra Pachauri, Director-general, The Energy and Resources Institute
Special rates for FSC members
FSC members can receive a special 20% discount when registering. For further information, click here quoting code FSC/DC when registering.
For more information, visit the event website>>