Your tool for finding the latest information on all FSC risk assessments
The database below is designed to be your tool for accessing information about all FSC risk assessments (approved, currently under development, or planned for development) in 53 countries around the world.
Here you will find details of the current risk assessment that must be used when sourcing controlled wood in a specific country. You will also see the status of risk assessment developments and revisions, along with links to draft and finalized assessments, current timelines, and stakeholder consultation processes.
Click on the relevant country in the map below to view details of all risk assessments happening there.
Materials sourced for controlled wood must be assessed across the following five categories:
- Category 1 – Illegally harvested wood
- Category 2 – Wood harvested in violation of traditional and human rights
- Category 3 – Wood harvested from forest in which high conservation values are threatened by management activities
- Category 4 – Wood harvested from areas being converted from forests and other wooded ecosystems to plantations or non-forest uses
- Category 5 – Wood from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted
What if my country is not in the list?
If the country you are looking for is not listed below, it means that currently there is not an approved or planned FSC risk assessment for that country.
Click on one of the markers in the map above to view the details …