How do I apply to become an organizational member?
1. Download the Requirement Checklist and check the chamber criteria.
2. Fill in the application form.
You will be asked to:
- indicate your choice of chamber
- describe your activities and how they support the FSC Principles and Criteria
- sign the form (original signature required).
The form must be signed by both the organization’s CEO and its designated representative. Note that this signature also applies to the section of the Application Form entitled ‘Commitment to get FSC certified.’ Please adjust or delete this statement as required.
3. Attach the required accompanying documents.
You will need:
- a signed FSC-POL-01-004 Self Declaration Form
- two letters of support issued by FSC Members (download the template). If you need to, browse the list of FSC members to find members in your country
- your organizational statutes or articles of incorporation
- your latest annual report
- publicly available financial information
- A list of your board of directors and their affiliations
- information on forest operations (when applicable)
- other information illustrating the aims of your organization (reports, history, brochures, and newsletters).
If you're a non-profit organization, please also include:
- evidence of your non-profit status
- information on funding.
If you intend to become a member of the economic chamber, please also include:
- information on your commercial activities and relationships
- if applicable, information relating to the whole group of which your organization is a part, such as the parent company or branch.
4. Submit your completed application form and the accompanying documents:
- By accessing our application system online
- by email: membership at fsc point org
- by post to:
Forest Stewardship Council A.C.
Calle Margarita Maza de Juárez 422
Colonia Centro, Oaxaca CP 68000, México
- or contact your national office (click here to find your national office on the FSC world map).
5. Wait for approval.
After you have submitted your application, the FSC Membership Committee will decide on whether to approve it. This process will take a minimum of four weeks.
6. Pay your membership fees.
Once your application is approved, you immediately have full membership rights and obligations. We will issue the first invoice for fees on approval of your application. For more information on payment, go to ‘How to Pay’.
We automatically renew your FSC membership each year.