An article published on the website of the Belgian publication Mo* Magazine in August 2010 was brought to the attention of FSC through its National Office in Belgium.
The article raised stakeholder concerns about FSC certified plantations owned and managed by Veracel Celulose S.A. in Brazil.
The article raises stakeholder concerns such as the use of pesticides, legal cases against Veracel, land use rights of local communities and FSC certification of plantations.
- FSC Stakeholder Update 5: Follow-up (25 March 2011)
- FSC Stakeholder Update 4: ASI findings overview (26 Jan 2011) and summary of assessment report
- FSC Stakeholder Update 3: ASI assessment (15 Dec 2010)
- FSC Stakeholder Update 2: Stakeholder consultation (05 Nov 2010)
- FSC Stakeholder Update 1: Overview (25 Sept 2010)