Holzindustrie Schweighofer (HS)
Complainant: WWF Germany
Defendant: Holzindustrie Schweighofer (HS)
Filed: 6 November 2015
Accepted: 24 November 2015
Complaints panel report submitted: 14 October 2016
Allegations: The complainant alleges that HS is involved in the purchasing and trading of illegally harvested timber in Romania and that this is having a negative impact on the country’s natural protected areas.
|03-04 July 2017||
FSC second Stakeholder Working Group meeting for the revision of the FSC Conditions Framework (consultation draft).
|19 June 2017||
FSC is providing two webinars in English and Romanian about the process for the development of the FSC Conditions Framework. See here.
|23 May 2017||
Please see the consultation page here.
|04 May 2017||
FSC first stakeholder engagement meeting for the development of a roadmap process. For more information please see here.
|28 March 2017||
FSC enters into a dialogue with the Schweighofer Group in view of developing a roadmap towards ending the disassociation. For more information please see here
|20-21 Mar 2017||First meeting of the investigation team in Bonn.|
|15 Mar 2017||Initiation of the Policy for Association investigation of the additional information presented to FSC International. For more information see here.|
|17 Feb 2017||FSC disassociation from the Schweighofer Group is made public on FSC website.|
|14 Feb 2017||FSC Director General Kim Carstensen informs WWF about the decision to disassociate.|
|13 Feb 2017||FSC Director General Kim Carstensen informs the Schweighofer Group about the decision to disassociate.|
|09 Feb 2017||FSC BoD decides for FSC to disassociate from the Schweighofer Group, and establishes a set of conditions that Schweighofer shall fulfill in order to end the disassociation.
For more information about the rationale on the decision see here
|07 Dec 2016||FSC publishes its decision to place the Schweighofer Group on ‘probation’ for possible disassociation until the FSC BoD meeting in February 2017.
For details on the rationale for this decision see here.
For details about the conditions that need to be fulfilled by the Schweighofer Group in order to remain associated with FSC see here.
|28 Nov 2016||FSC Director General Kim Carstensen informs the parties to the complaint about the decision taken by the FSC Board of Directors|
|14-18 Nov 2016||The FSC Board of Directors takes a decision about the case during its meeting held at Brazzaville (Republic of the Congo)|
|14-30 Oct 2016||The FSC Quality Assurance Unit produces a quality assessment report, assessing the quality of the complaints panel evaluation report|
|14 Oct 2016||Submission of the complaints panel evaluation report with a recommendation to the FSC Board of Directors|
|20-21 Apr 2016||First complaints panel meeting in Bonn|
|18 Apr 2016||Start of the complaint evaluation|
|7 Mar 2016||Establishment of a complaints panel|
|24 Nov 2015||FSC accepts the complaint filed by WWF Germany|
|6 Nov 2015||WWF Germany files a complaint with FSC International against HS|
Additional Case Information
Use the links below to access additional information about this case:
- Case summary
- FSC news item
- FSC statement
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about FSC Policy for Association complaints
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Schweighofer case
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the February BoD decision
- Rationale for decision of Probation_additional Q&A
- Public version of the Complaints Panel Evaluation Report
- Processing Policy for Association Complaints in the FSC Certification Scheme (FSC-PRO-01-009)
- FSC Stakeholder Engagement Plan for Schweighofer roadmap
- FSC roadmap process for Schweighofer_12 May 2017
- FSC Stakeholder Engagement Plan_FSC roadmap for Schweighofer_April 2017
- FSC enters into a roadmap process with Schweighofer_March 2017
- FSC disassociation from Schweighofer Group_FAQs_2017-03-30
- FSC statement_Schweighofer Group_FINAL_Feb 2017
- FSC disassociation from Schweighofer Group_FAQs_Feb 2017
- FSC Statement_7 December 2016_Schweighofer
- FAQs_Schweighofer case_7 December 2016
- Rationale for probation Schweighofer Dec 2016
- 160623_FSC Statement_Schweighofer certificate suspended_FINAL_EN