use FSC certified paper.
FSC Timber Legality Compliance
Specific steps taken by FSC to ensure compliance with timber legality laws
But some adaptations to the standards and indicators derived from the Principles and Criteria have been necessary in order to ensure consistency with specific requirements in the laws of the EU, the USA and Australia.
The advice note can be found at:
The advice notes can be found at:
- Between 1 November 2012 and 10 July 2014, FSC adopted the following changes to the CoC Standard to facilitate compliance with the three legality laws (all published as advice notes). FSC subsequently published its updated Directive on Chain of Custody Certification, containing all these Advice Notes:
- Advice 40-004-08 (prevention of presence of) Non-conforming products
- Advice 40-004-09 (accelerated phased out of) Minor components (derogations)
- Advice 40-004-10 Access to information required by timber legality legislations
- Advice 40-004-11 (compliance with) Trade and Customs Laws
- Advice 40-004-12 Pre-consumer reclaimed wood compliance with the EUTR
Please note: these advice notes address specific groups in the FSC supply chains. All certificate holders anywhere in the world are advised to study them to determine if and when they are relevant.
Chief Advocacy Officer,
Mail to: j.hontelez at fsc point org