How do I apply to become an individual member?
1. Download the relevant documents, and apply online.
2. Fill in the Application Form.
You will be asked to:
- indicate your choice of chamber
- describe what you do and how your activities support the FSC Principles & Criteria
- sign the form.
3. Attach the required accompanying documents.
You will need:
- your Curriculum Vitae (CV), including an indication of your citizenship
- two letters of support from existing FSC members with whom you are familiar. You will find a sample letter in the downloaded documents. If you need to, browse the list of FSC members to find members in your country.
4. Submit your completed Application Form and the accompanying documents.
These can either be sent to FSC’s Membership Unit at:
Attn: Membership Unit
Forest Stewardship Council A.C.
Calle Margarita Maza de Juarez 422
Colonia Centro, Oaxaca CP 68000, Mexico
or to your National Office
or, if you have completed the forms electronically, by email to membership at fsc point org.
Don’t forget! It is also possible to complete your entire application online via the Membership Portal, which may speed up the process.
5. Wait for approval.
After you have submitted your application, the FSC Membership Committee will decide on whether to approve it. This process will take a minimum of four weeks.
6. Pay your membership fees.
Once your application is approved, you immediately have full membership rights and obligations. We will issue the first invoice for fees on approval of your application. For more information on payment, go to ‘How do I pay?’.
We automatically renew your FSC membership each year.