When you apply to become a member, you must agree not to become involved in any activities which are unacceptable to FSC. These include:
- illegal logging or trade in illegal wood or forest products
- violation of traditional and human rights through forestry operations
- destruction of high conservation values through forestry operations
- conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use
- use of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations
- violation of workers’ rights through forestry operations.
As an FSC member, you are also obliged to:
- take active part in board elections
- pay your annual fees within the given time frame
- inform the FSC Secretariat if your contact details change, or in case of organizational changes.