Tuesday, 22. January 2013
World Forests Summit – Achieving sustainable forest management on a global scale
March 5th-6th 2013 • Stockholm, Sweden.
The World Forests Summit, organised by The Economist, will gather leading experts from around the world to identify common ground and discuss mechanisms for forest stakeholders to work together differently.
Industry leaders, government ministers, scientists and activists will meet to agree the framework for future sustainable management of a precious global resource.
Confirmed speakers include:
• James Astill, Political Editor, The Economist (author of The Economist’s special report on Forests)
• Carlos Klink, Secretary for Climate Change and Environmental Quality, Ministry of Environment of Brazil
• Eduardo Rojas-Briales, Assistant Director General, FAO
• Per Fredrik Ilsaas Pharo, Director, International Climate and Forest Initiative, Ministry of the Environment, Norway
• Karl Falkenberg, Director General, DG Environment, European Commission
• Kim Carstensen, Director General, Forest Stewardship Council
• Jan Johansson, Chief Executive Officer and President, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget
For more information click here>>